Thank you for your interest. The application period for the 2019 Boston EdTalks has closed.
Each fall, we seek teachers with great ideas, interesting classroom practices, or creative solutions to a challenge that teachers or the education community at large might face. The EdTalks provide a platform for you to share your idea and to celebrate with colleagues and friends during Teacher Appreciation Week.
Guidelines for Prospective Applicants:
- Applicants must be current employees of a Pre-K-12 district, charter, religious or independent school in Massachusetts, working at least part time directly with students. In addition to classroom teachers, this includes specialists, support staff and coaches.
- Teachers may apply as individuals or in teams of 2-5. Teams may include school-based leaders who can share how they empower teacher leadership in their building and/or support the implementation of teachers’ innovations. In addition to at least one teacher, teams may include principals, directors of instruction, curriculum leaders, guidance counselors, etc. All team members must be based at least 50% of the time in a pre-K-12 school.
- Professors, researchers, and employees at organizations that support schools (such as non-profit organizations) are not eligible to be presenters.
- Finalists will be invited to do a mock presentation in front of a panel of peer teachers on the Boston Foundation’s Teacher Advisory Board. These teachers will choose the winning presenters. Interviews for the 2019 Boston EdTalks will take place on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
- Applications are submitted electronically.
- Read the application instructions carefully before applying. Please direct any questions to:Heather Buffo Program Associate, Education to Career
2019 Application Timeline:
Boston EdTalks 2019 will be held on May 9, 2019.
Application deadline: November 13, 2018, 8:00 a.m.
Interview invitations sent: December 4-5, 2018
Interviews: Saturday, December 8, 2018
Those selected to present at Boston EdTalks 2019 were notified in December 2018.